Junior Developer (RoR, Angular)
Learn to be a full stack developer and develop our product used to construct real buildings around the world
Are you eager to develop your skill set as a full stack developer in RoR and Angular, in a team with a structured agile process?
Are you keen to do this in a multicultural, trust-based, transparent startup environment where everyone is encouraged to speak up?
Would you love seeing the tools you build being used on $7B of real construction projects in 1500+ cities?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GenieBelt is redefining planning, collaboration and communication in the construction industry worldwide, working out of Copenhagen, Poland and England. We help customers in 38+ countries to run their construction projects better.To keep this growth going, we need to continue to make our product more useful to the construction industry.That’s where you come in.As a Junior Developer, you will quickly get involved in developing new features and fixing bugs, on any aspect of the product you’re passionate about, whether server-side or front-end.You’ll receive honest feedback and challenging work to help you grow and develop. We’ll encourage you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle, and within a year you will be a skilled Angular and Rails developer, and maybe have gotten involved with our iOS and Android clients too.
Here’s the development process you’ll work within:
- We use a bespoke agile development process inspired by Scrum and Kanban.
- We have 6 week iterations (5 development, 1 testing), so you’ll quickly experience the software development process multiple times, including seeing customer feedback on features you’ve built.
- You’ll understand why you’re building what you’re building. We don’t want you to feel like a small cog in a big machine.
- You get to choose what you work on and how to approach it in each iteration.
- You have a CS degree or equivalent, with good knowledge of OOP and design patterns. Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- You either already know RoR and Angular, or can pick them up quickly.
- You’re able to freely give and seek feedback.
- You are comfortable with managing yourself and prefer to deliver without needing to be supervised closely.
GenieBelt is a 3.5 year old startup with 30+ people. We are growing rapidly and our team has increased by 100% since last summer. We have a spacious HQ office in downtown Copenhagen right by Rådhuspladsen and can see City Hall and Tivoli. Our people come from 10+ countries, including crackpots who like to build their office furniture from scrap construction items. We believe in clear commitments and respectful disagreement and we support each other. Instead of “scheduled fun” we try to have a social work environment where people can become friends. GenieBelt is also a transparent and egalitarian environment: everyone knows each other and everyone knows how the company is doing.
GenieBelt offers 25 days of paid holiday a year and flexible hours around core hours of 9:30 to 3:30. We offer catered lunches every single day where everyone eats together. Our sociable, spacious, central office in Copenhagen is a relaxed, fun space with a football table, fish nets hanging from the ceiling, tea and coffee, daily fruit, occasional cakes on Wednesdays and definitely free beer on Fridays. There’s also occasional travel to Poland to meet and work with our Polish team.We believe teams are stronger when they are diverse. We strive to be inclusive and transparent in our recruitment and in the way we approach our work, and we avoid office politics and gossip.
Job location: CopenhagenStart date: As soon as possible
GenieBelt in numbers
cities across the globe
worth of projects
users around the globe